Shining Dodecahedron

One geek's views on role-playing and games in general.

This place is all about discussing paper-and-pencil roleplaying games. I'm Jay, and I run this joint, but that doesn't make me smarter than you. This will all work best if I say things, and you say what you think about them, lather, rinse, repeat. With luck we can all understand the hobby a little better. If you have a topic that you would like me to start a thread about, post a comment here. If you've got something to say about characters (my ongoing topic du jour), post a comment here.

Monday, May 16, 2005

I'm designing games

So I'm working on some games of my own--did I mention?

Anyway, because my Web Fu isn't very strong and my laziness is, I'll be using this blog to talk about my game designs as they happen instead of putting discussion boards on my basically non-existent site (www.coxcombgames.com).

Anyone and everyone is welcome to comment on things I put here. If you're here just to talk games in general, that's cool too. To help you filter what to read, I will tag my design-specific posts with the name of the game in square brackets--Forge style.

Here's a list of the things that are brewing, in brief. In case you're interested:

  • Gallant is my game of swashbuckling adventure. It's at the top of the queue right now, and is receiving the most attention from me.
  • Musha Shugyo is my game of wandering ronin in quasi-Japan. It's all about choosing what to risk to get things done, and focuses on walking the path of honor when that path is fraught with peril.
  • I have this pirate game in the back of my head that has no name yet. It has no centralized GM and may or may not focus on desperation on the high seas. It's the one I'm most excited about, but also the one that is the hardest for me to make progress on.

There are others floating in my brain. But I won't worry about them until they rear up and demand attention.

Anyway, just thought you should know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Loomis said...

P.S. I will also be working on a game for the Iron Game Chef competiton. I encourage you to do the same if you have any interest in design.

Any posts I make about that process will end up on the official IGC fora.

Monday, May 16, 2005 12:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home