Shining Dodecahedron

One geek's views on role-playing and games in general.

This place is all about discussing paper-and-pencil roleplaying games. I'm Jay, and I run this joint, but that doesn't make me smarter than you. This will all work best if I say things, and you say what you think about them, lather, rinse, repeat. With luck we can all understand the hobby a little better. If you have a topic that you would like me to start a thread about, post a comment here. If you've got something to say about characters (my ongoing topic du jour), post a comment here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Game-chef Status, Plus a Disclaimer

So here we are not quite halfway through this year's Iron Game Chef competition. I am not so pleased to report that I have bitten off more than I can chew. I'm down a design road that requires me to come up with dozens of cards (many of them octagonal) before Sunday night. Oh, yeah, and I'm sick too. Things don't look good for Invincible Armada. Maybe the Spaniards are going to win this time.

Anyway, I'm working away on that, and chomping at the bit to get back to Gallant. That's why my presence here is diminished this week. And Vincent's site seems to be down, which is sad. I've pretty much stopped trying to wade through all of the posts at the Forge and just read his blog instead.

So this is funny. In a fit of head cold induced surfing, I visited Cumberland Games just now. It's a fun little site with some true gems. One gem is Pokethulu. A game that features shining dodecahedra in which the monsters are captured. So I'd like to point out, for the record, that the name of my blog has nothing to do with Pokethulu. I came up with the name as a result of a lifelong unhealthy fascination with the dodecahedron, specificly in the form of the seldom-used twelve-sided die. I do, however, wholeheartedly recommend Pokethulu to any and all who would read it (heck, maybe even play it--I never have, but the system looks functional to me). Besides, it's free. And check out the rest of the site while you're there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Chuk said...

I totally thought the title was a Pokethulhu reference. Weird.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home